Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jason Alper: What Would Jesus Wear?


As the countdown continues to the opening of It’s All Back On, Jason Alper shares his thoughts on What Would Jesus Wear?; an evocative painting inspired simultaneously by the Renaissance master Caravaggio and the luxury label Louis Vuitton.

“I wanted to ask the question that nobody has really ever asked. What would Jesus wear? For this, I used my favorite Caravaggio painting - The Incredulity of Saint Thomas. This was my template. I began to dress Jesus up, in different outfits. There was no competition. The question had been answered. It was going to be Louis Vuitton. I love the idea of combining two incredibly iconic images from both 1601 and 2010. I hope this allows lovers of both, Caravaggio and Louis Vuitton, or Jesus for that matter, to discover each other, if they haven’t already. I’ve tried to stay as true to the original as possible, using oil on canvas.”

It's All Back On opens April 17, 2010, exclusively at Guy Hepner, in West Hollywood.


Guy Hepner
300 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90048

info@guyhepner.com
Tel: +1 310.979.0011

www.guyhepner.com
www.twitter.com/guyhepner
www.facebook.com/guyhepner

No comments:

Post a Comment