Friday, March 26, 2010

Jason Alper: Mr Pink

With less than four weeks until the opening of Jason Alper’s inaugural show, It’s All Back On, we have invited Alper to reveal one piece each week accompanied by a brief explanation of his thoughts and inspiration for the work. The countdown begins with Mr Pink.

“This is a marriage of two of my favourite icons from my misspent youth. The main thing that came to mind when I was constructing this was that both images appeal equally to both sexes. When I think just how influential Star Wars became, and still is, I couldn’t resist ‘playing’ with one of the movies’ most iconic images. Changing the colour takes away the sinister element. It’s really important that everyone can, like me, smile when they see these fond images from their past. I chose to use pink as the primary colour, it gives the piece a softer, more playful, fun, look. I adopted the bevelled corners, as Playboy did, back in the Seventies, giving this piece a retro look.”

It's All Back On opens April 17, 2010, exclusively at Guy Hepner, in West Hollywood.

Guy Hepner
300 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90048

info@guyhepner.com
Tel: +1 310.979.0011

www.guyhepner.com
www.twitter.com/guyhepner
www.facebook.com/guyhepner

No comments:

Post a Comment